Tuesday 7 April 2015

And Push!

There was a point in my personal training session whee I though, gosh this might be what childbirth is like...

Now I know you mothers out there will scoff but I was on the leg press with my knees up by my ears and I had to push back, lifting over half the stack of weights. I had already done 4 circuits, 1000m on the rower and leg reps.... but yes, I am probably exaggerating.

I had that same feeling tonight, I didn't feel like I had the energy for the gym after the Bank Holiday weekend but I had my personal training booked in with the lovely, supportive Anna. Unlike a scary PE teacher I had at school, and who I would often forge absence notes to so I could get out of making a show of myself on the running track, I look forward to my Anna sessions. She pushes me that bit further but we still have a giggle... Again it's all about balance. She has a way of making me go that little bit further and before I know it, I'm doing it!

Now I'm home and lying in bed, I feel ten times better than I would have done if I had slumped in front of the TV. I have dropped 4lbs since my last weight in and have gained 3lbs in muscle! The more muscle, the more fat I burn...

This has given me that kick of motivation I need to keep going. I saw how pleased Anna was with the results and it's so important to have someone supporting you and helping you along the way. They can't do it for you but having that support is paramount.

I'm really pleased to know that this blog has helped a good friend Like me, she was scared of people looking at her in the gym, specifically when she ran. So much so, she wouldn't run. However, knowing she wasn't alone in feeling self-conscious at the gym, she did it. She ran for 30 seconds... I mean, what's the worse that could happen?

I've been going to the gym regularly for 3 months now and when I started I could barely look at myself in the mirror and didn't want to get sweaty in fear of how disgusting I look. 3 months on, Anna noted tonight that this has completely changed.

I don't think about what I look like in the gym and this has carried on through my every day life. I'm walking taller, feeling stronger and, most importantly, I'm feeling healthier.

To finish my post I thought I would share a quick and easy recipe I do for post-gym workouts...

Get 2 eggs and whisk them, add light seasoning and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Grate half a courgette and carrot and add it to a hot frying pan and sauté in a tiny bit of butter for a few minutes. Add chopped avocado.

Lower the heat and add the eggs and scramble the ingredients together.

Instead of eggs you could add strips of chicken or salmon and a bit of soy sauce for a healthy stir fry.

Serve with gem lettuce or rye bread or oat cakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment